The CRS PTA is a 100% volunteer-run organization. We are able to support so many wonderful activities for the CRS community because all of our parents pitch in to help.
Below you'll find the many different ways you can get involved at CRS. We are sure you will find something to suit your interests and your schedule!
Join our Artist workshop, Room parent, and/or library teams
Interested in signing up to be a parent volunteer for one of these programs at Churchill Road? We need the help of many parents to make these programs a success! Find all the details and sign-up here:
GET INVOLVED — Be a CRS PTA VOLUNTEER
Want to raise your hand to be more involved with the CRS PTA for 2019-2020? Either tell us a specific role you are interested in (see more info about our positions further below) or what kinds of activities you enjoy on our volunteer form and we'll help match you to the right opportunity. Filling out the form does not commit you - we'll give you more information so you can decide if the volunteer role is right for you and your schedule!
Executive Board Officer Positions and Responsibilities
Committee and Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
We have many different committees and individual roles supporting our PTA. Want to know more? Check our committee roles and responsibilities. We can always use another helping hand in any area, so even if a role you are interested in is not marked as "open", don't hesitate to raise your hand!
Current Open Roles for 2019-2020
The following roles need volunteers:
- Assistant Treasurer: Like working with numbers and budgets? Contact our Treasurer to learn more about this role.
- Directory: We need another helping hand to support the production and distribution of our directory. Contact the VP of Membership to learn more.
- Hospitality Coordinator: Work with Mr. Hutzel, the CRS principal, to provide coffee/snacks for the monthly Principal's Coffee (for morning meetings) or Pizza (for evening meetings). Contact the VP of Membership to learn more.
- Fix it Up Coordinator: If you like fixing things, this is the role for you! Contact our VP of Family & Student Activities to learn more.
- Movie Night Coordinator: Plan our fall movie night and lead a team of volunteers for this fun family event. Contact our VP of Family & Student Activities to learn more.
- Room Parent Coordinator: If you like organizing and being a resource for other parents, then consider this role! Contact the VP of Communications to learn more.
- Restaurant Nights Coordinator: Raise money for CRS by organizing 'dine out' nights at local restaurants. Contact the VP of Fundraising to learn more.
- Special Education Liaison: We need a volunteer who can help represent the interests of CRS families with special education, including being our liaison to the Fairfax County Special Education PTA. Contact the VP of Community Relations to learn more.
- Shop and Support Coordinator: Help us raise money for CRS through the Box Tops and AmazonSmile programs! Contact the VP of Fundraising to learn more.
- School Supplies Coordinator: Manage our annual school supplies program with our vendor. Contact the VP of Fundraising to learn more.
- Spirit Wear Coordinator: Bring some spirit to CRS and raise money at the same time by managing our CRS spirit wear products and sales. Contact our VP of Fundraising to learn more.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Help us recruit volunteers for the CRS PTA and help new volunteers learn how CRS works. Contact our VP of Communications to learn more.
How Do I...Check our Volunteer Guide
New to being a CRS PTA volunteer and wondering how you make a VIP flyer, where is the PTA room, etc.? Check our volunteer guide for helpful tips and FAQs.
Volunteer (Artist Workshop, Room Parents, & More)
- Monday, August 26
- Wednesday, August 28
- Thursday, August 29
- Friday, August 30
- Saturday, August 31