Reflections Arts Contest
Reflections is the National PTA program that encourages students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork for fun and recognition. All CRS students may participate in this opportunity to showcase their creative talents.
2019-2020 Theme: "Look Within"
Students create original works of art in response to the student-selected theme. This year's theme is "Look Within".
Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories:
How to Enter
Entries will be collected at CRS (in the front office) in October. The deadline is TBA. A reception to recognize CRS students who participate in Reflections will be held in the spring in the Exploratory Arts Room.
Student winners from the local level have the opportunity to move up through their council (Fairfax County Council of PTAs), district (Northern Virginia District PTA), and state (Virginia PTA) programs to the national level. Learn more about the national awards.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Title and Artist StatementJudges strongly consider the interpretation of the Reflections theme during the evaluation process. It is suggested that students give their submissions a title that stands out and describes how the piece relates to the student’s personal interpretation of the theme. The following guiding questions can be useful when developing a title and artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Questions? Please email our Reflections Coordinator.
- Thursday, August 22
- Monday, August 26
- Wednesday, August 28
- Thursday, August 29
- Friday, August 30